The Pacific Northwest is an outdoors lover’s dream come true. From the clear blue waters of the McKenzie to the Douglas Fir-laden Cascades and the rugged, rocky Oregon Coast, we invite you to Explore Oregon. The world known Crater Lake to the Ponderosa Pines of Central Oregon. From Eastern Oregon’s high desert to the Pendleton Round-Up, the Mt. Hood Ski Bowl, Mount Hood, and the powerful Columbia there’s always a new landscape to explore, another view to be captivated by.
Our hiking footwear enables the journey to be enjoyed and the memories to be made!
Whether you’re a Northwest native or you’re planning a visit, we hope you’ll take this page for inspiration. Here we’ve compiled a list of helpful websites from some of our favorite spots and a few other resources. If you’re passing through Eugene, come say hello to us at the shop. We’d love to hear about the adventures you have planned and help you get outfitted for them.
Recreation In Oregon And Beyond
- Crater Lake National Park Official Web Site
- United States Forest Service
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Visit Oregon State Parks
- Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area
- Rogue River Country, Southern Oregon Vacations
- Southern Oregon Visitors Association
- Hikes - Eugene, Oregon Travel Guide
- Oregon Coast Hiking Trails Guide
- Hiking and Backpacking Resources Online
- Backpacking Trails in Oregon
- American Hiking Society
- "Exploring Oregon" Web Log
- River Rafting with River Drifters
The McKenzie Page includes information relating to Oregon sports fishermen and specifically fly fishing. It doesn't appear to be maintained with any frequency, but the album pages have some nice Scenic Oregon photos:
http://www.outdoorequipmentshop.net/ offers outdoor gear, climbing gear, camping gear, hiking gear, rescue gear and clothes at very competitive prices.